Thursday, March 03, 2011

How to get somfing for nuffing

First of all, you need to have a great friend, who is looking out for you. I have the great good fortune to have such a friend. [No names, no pack drill. She knows who she is]
I have been playing Bejewelled Blitz on Face Book for some time now, and recently, they have said the Bejewelled 3 is available. 
I went in to the computer shop on Tuesday, and asked if they could see if they could obtain it for me. I foolishly said, I did not care what it cost, then thought better of it and asked the lass to let me know before ordering it.  Later that day, she sent me a SMS to say it would cost $30.00 I could have downloaded it onto my hard drive, but I do not know how . I sent a text back and said that would be OK. I told my daughter just after that and she said I should tell them to basically, put it where the sun don't shine. She said the Pop Cap games are not usually over $20.00
Last evening, my good friend came around, and she was full of glee. She was clutching a games CD Rom, and anyone would have thought she had found the greatest treasure on Earth. LOL She and her son had journeyed to Naracoorte . as her son had wanted to see if he could purchase a particular game for his X box.[I think]
While in the shop, my friend saw the said game, and as it was under $20.00, she bought it.
She was so pleased with herself, and offered to let me load it on my PC, and not a red cent changed hands. I am not prone to looking gift horses in the mouth.

No comments: