Friday, September 04, 2009

Red Letter Day.

Today IS a red letter day. The reason being, it was the first time our little grand-daughter stayed here whilst her mother went shopping. The fact that her two big brothers stayed was of course, a great help in giving her the confidence to do it. She is a dear little girl, and now, always comes straight to me and gives me a big hug. She is a trick as she also now pats me on the back while hugging me. She is not so sure about her Pop. He picked her up but she did not like that much.
All the children were quite happy to sit at the table and draw. I made them a drink of 'hot' chocolate, as the boys love that. Willow spilled most of hers, and got Texta on her clothes, (I hope it comes out) but all in all, they were no trouble. They never are!
When they had tired of the art work, Lachlan played a game of Go Fish on my computer. I got Willow to look at some picture books. She was engrossed in that when her mum returned. After a few minutes, Deb asked if she was ready to go home. A very firm, 'No'. was the reply.
It was very gratifying that she felt so comfortable here with us. After another short while, they all piled into the car. The only time Willow was not happy, was when she was told to get into her car seat. She wanted to sit next to Riley on the back seat, as Lachlan sat in the front.
The boys were out of school today because it is the first day of The Royal Adelaide Show.
The school kids always have the day off, so they can go to the show if their parents choose today to attend. I am glad I am past all that, as I could not manage to walk very far nowadays. It is so expensive too.

No comments: