Thursday, August 18, 2005

Modern Technology.

I may be a baby boomer, and not have graduated from high school, but that does not mean I am averse to learning about IT and other techno advances. But, I have a loooong way go to catch up to my son. I am not foolish enough to think I ever will. If I only knew half as much as he does about computers, I would be a very happy chick.
Over the previous two nights, as mentioned in his Blog, Frugal Bastard, he instructed me on how to apply some new soft ware. Now, it is hard enough when you are on the other end of a telephone and 3.000klms away and cannot see the screen, but it is even more difficult when your old Ma is legally blind,(less than 10% in one eye, and bugger all in the other) and she is not very savvy with the jargon and has great dificulty reading. It makes for a VERY slow process. I'dips me lid' to you son! I guess if I had a job where I had to use the thing all day, I would soon learn more. Speed the day! I have tried to publish a post since we did the work, but it would not publish. Here goes nothing. See you all later. I hope.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

That worked alright. Maybe you're getting the hang of this new fangled computer thing.

Anonymous said...

One can only live and hope!