Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Charities

I have just had another worthy cause phone call. Now, I am not averse to helping these charities when I can, but I object to being patronised by total strangers , over the phone( or in person) at the best of times. A woman from The Heart Foundation rang me from Queensland and said they needed people to help with their doorknock appeal in September, and could I help. I aasured her I would be only too happy to oblige, but I am crippled up with Arthritis. She said she has arthritis too, and it wasn't untill September, and it would be OK in the warmer weather,Honey! I had to tell her very firmly, that it would not be OK in my case, as I can not walk very far as I also have a very bad back and a bung knee. . She then asked if I knew of anyone in my street who could help, so that when she made the next phone call she would not be wasting time and 'losing more goodwill'! I think these organisation need to 'vet' there phone operaters a bit more stringently, and give them some pointers in tact. I am sick of being treated as though I am in my dotage and have a bottomless pocket.

4 comments:

Hammy said...

Would you be interested if they supplied you with a Gopher to get around in and do the job for them?

Anonymous said...

Now, why didn't I think of that? Brilliant idea!

Anonymous said...

Sue, are you the Sue Ham who has requested information on FamilyHistory UK. If so I tried to e-mail you but your e-mail address is wrong.

Anonymous said...

anonymous, plese identify yourself. I do not think I am the Susan Ham you are looking for. There are quite a few of us, I believe. There are also several 'Bloggers' using this title, too.