Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pet peeve #9. Queue jumpers!

This is one thing that has annoyed me all my life. I have never had the confidence to do anything about it though.Yesterday, I was waiting in line at the post office, when a young woman edged past me an put a large envelope on the counter. She said someting to the postal worker along the lines, 'I will just leave this here'. Said postal worked never batted an eye. I gave the young' offender' a hard look. 

About two minutes later, another young woman did the same thing with a post satchel. No excuse me, apology, nothing. The father of one of my sisters-in-law, was known to give these people a loud dressing down. I think the reason I do not do anything about it is, I am basically polite, and do not want to make a scene or embarrass people, or myself for that matter. I wish I knew how to do it without 'shooting them down in flames and belittling them. I know how I would feel.

1 comment:

Hammy said...

Unfortunately at the post office you can grab your package and complete the details whilst returning it at your leisure. There is, on occasion, no need to queue again when it just needs to be taken by the staff. Probably best that you didn't say anything in this case. But I know where you're coming from.